DACA Attorneys In Phoenix
“DACA” stands for Deferred Action for certain Childhood Arrivals to the United States. On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people, commonly referred to as “Dreamers,” who came to the United States as children and met several guidelines, could apply for deferred action for a period of two years-subject to renewal. If approved, they would be eligible for:
- Employment Authorization Cards
- Social Security Cards
- Drivers Licenses
- Identification Cards (State IDs)
Since the program was implemented in 2012, more than 825,000 people have been able to apply for DACA and obtain work authorization. With DACA status, many people who had previously lived in fear of deportation even though brought to this country through no fault of their own, now felt comfortable coming out of the shadows and establishing credit, buying homes, applying for better paying jobs, and pursuing advanced degrees in higher education.
- You must be 15 or older to qualify.
- You must have come to the United States before you turned 16 years old.
- You must have been under the age of 31 on June 15th, 2012.
- You must have had no lawful immigration status on June 15th, 2012.
- You must be in the United States when you submit your DACA application.
- You must have been in the United States on June 15th, 2012.
- You must have been in the United States from June 15th, 2007 to present.
- You must currently be in school, graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, obtained a GED (General Education Development) certificate or be an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces.
- You must have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more misdemeanors and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
How We Can Help
At Rose Law Group, our Immigration team is dedicated to helping and representing you. The first step in this process is for us to understand your particular case. Our goal is to take the time needed to understand your situation inside and out so that we can put you in the best position possible. After your free consultation, you will have a better understanding of what you are facing and what options you have.
We provide a free confidential consultation. It’s important to us that you understand what options you have. Schedule your free consultation today by filling out the form below.